What To Do With Your Old Phone?



With improvements in technology and the launch of new phones at rapid rates, many are thinking about what to do about old ones before getting a new one. There must be so many old cell phones kept away in drawers, forgotten and left alone and sometimes gifted to family members or sold to someone at ebay or maybe recycled.

In my case, I gave my old phone to my cousin who is still using it but I have warned him not to sell it to anyone or give it away.
I LOVE my HTC desire S and have kind of an emotional attachment to it. So in no way I am going to sell it. In the future, whenever I get a new HTC phone, I would be rather happy keeping it within family. After all it is not just a smartphone, it is part of my LIFE which has good and bad memories attached to it.

Here are some ideas which I could figure out from elevate members for discarding your old mobile responsibly...

Sell it for cash Reselling your old mobile phone is a great way to make some extra cash to buy a new HTC phone.

Recycle 
Throwing your old phone in the dustbin means it will end up being dumped in a landfill and can harm environment.So it's crucial to recycle it.

Donation or Charity 
Old cell phone can be given to someone in third world countries, where many people don’t have access to phone.

Rooting and Custom rom ( At your own risk) 

Keeping it in a cupboard or collecting them 
People like me who love their old phones..no point selling them.

What's your story? Do you have any better ideas or suggestions? How can we recycle or do something better than that?

Post a Comment

0 Comments