Missed Chance To My Dream Mumbai Derby Trip

I am social media addict and love to hang on twitter and other networking sites. It feels great to be connected with everyone from my school friends to college buddies and my co-workers of my previous organisation. Three years ago, one day while browsing internet and face book during lunch time at my office desktop, I came to know about Signature label brand from United Spirits holding a big contest on face book and giving a chance to people to get invited to Mumbai and witness the McDowell Signature Premier Indian Derby. The tag line excited me as it was India’s premier lifestyle event where celebrities come every year and stakes are high during the horse race. The best part of it was that It was all expenses paid trip with included Flight tickets and stay in five star hotel ITC.
The treat also included Korean dance maven Jinjo crew and fashion show by various designers showcasing their derby inspired collection.
I took the chance and entered the website. After filling the registration form and details, I was taken to questionnaire page where I had to post my picture and answer questions that why I should be the winner and deserving candidate. Next was to click on Submit button and that it.
After few days while I was busy with my office work, I got a call from Signature Public relations team that I have been shortlisted for next round and there would be Skype interview with panel of judges. I could not hold my excitement and started to think about this dream trip and started day dreaming before the Skype interview. As the interview started, I was little nervous in the beginning but managed to answer the questions asked by the judges. Then they asked me about my personality and my strengths and weaknesses. After ten minutes, one of the woman judges asked me about my stubble and unshaven face. I was little surprised to hear this question and said I shave once a week. Next jury member told me that you must shave regularly as it looks shabby. The interview went for another two minutes but I knew I was not selected because of my stubble and it costs me my ticket to dream Derby Mumbai trip.

Next year again I participated and was shortlisted for Skype interview again. But unlike last season, I had clean face and was well dressed and groomed. My interview went smoothly and luckily I was selected to be part of this great event and enjoy once in a lifetime opportunity.

This post is with reference to tag done by my fellow bloggers.


Ganga Bharani Blog URL -http://scribbledbygb.blogspot.in/
Arvind Passey Blog URL - http://passey.info/
Om Prakash Blog URL -  http://travelrevind.wordpress.com/
Sarath Babu URL - daffodilstouch.wordpress.com
Anshul Blog URL - http://creativematic.wordpress.com/


This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette.

Post a Comment

0 Comments