Apno Ko Apne Dum Pe Jeena Sikhao

Time never stops and it is just another day when I celebrated my 26th birthday two weeks back. I would dedicate all my success and achievement in my life till date to my family members who have given me immense support and motivation at different phases of my life.

As a kid, I was very naughty and was not good in studies. There were times when I would not perform according to my parent’s expectations and would not make them proud of myself. I felt disappointed and depressed because my hard work was not giving me the desired results. But my mother would always back me and tried to ease burden of my studies. She taught me to be honest and gave me confidence to overcome my fear of public speaking and English’s would try to avoid this language and could not read or understand this language.

My mother on the other hand had completed her education in Hindi medium school and she did not have any idea. But just for my sake and well being, she took the efforts to take coaching classes from a reputed institute and mastered the art of English language. She would then talk to me in English and gave me English newspapers to read every day in front of mirror and asked me to maintain a diary to keep adding ten new words everyday in it. Initially it was very difficult for me and it took a lot of pain for both of us but ultimate end result was that I gain confidence and command over this language.

I was very shy in nature and would not talk to girls and speak up in front of many people. It had happened more than two times in my school life when I could not put a word in front of my class mates standing on the stage. Every time I saw a stage, my heartbeat would increase and I had a phobia when everyone would stare at me. I told my mother about it that how my classmates would laugh at me and bully me. My mother took me in her arms and gave me a magic mantra. Her magic mantra was to close eyes for 5 seconds, stay calm and speak as you talking to your friends and have trust and confidence in yourself. This has really worked for me  till date today and now I have no fear even to speak in front of thousands people crowd. I can give an hour long presentations to my team members in office and indulge in talks with people from different countries eliminating communication barrier and making it my strength.

I feel all credit goes to my mother for understanding me and guiding me step by step through tough times and supporting me till date and I wish her a long life so that she stays with me forever.

This post has been written as a part of the “Apno Ko Apne Dum Pe Jeena Sikhao” activity, in association with hdfclife.

Do Check this beautiful ad #MyFamilyMyPride ad film !



Post a Comment

0 Comments